• Read each paragraph aloud and “listen” for the hiccup you will feel if the logic is amiss.
• Don’t use pronouns without a clear antecedent.
• Don’t let your sentence structure minimize important points.
• Eliminate wordiness: repeated words/phrases, long-winded phrases, vague expressions.
• Use active verbs whenever possible.
• If a list would achieve greater clarity, then use one.
• Check for smooth transitions or segues from one paragraph to the next. Don’t leave the reader wondering what they missed!
©2010 Dannye Williamsen