7 Ways To Fire Up Your Life!
1. STOKE YOUR FURNACE!
Wood must be added to a fire for it to continue to burn. If your life resembles a dying fire, find some positive idea, person, or interest on which to focus your attention.
2. EXPLOIT YOUR WEAKNESSES
Weak muscles in your body respond to exercise and become stronger. Weak parts of your psychology are no different.
3. ANSWER THE QUESTION: What would I do if nothing stood in my way?
Once you answer yourself, you can begin the process of eliminating the limiting ideas you've placed in the road ahead of you. See possibilities, not barriers.
4. BREAK YOUR PATTERNS
Years of conditioning box you in. Use the scissors of your mind - your imagination - to cut through the bonds which hold you there.
5. PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR FEELINGS
Make sure you know whether your feelings originate inside or outside the box of your conditioning. Does your feeling seem terribly familiar? If so, ask yourself where responding to that feeling will take you.
6. STEP OUT INTO THE UNKNOWN
Your imagination and your feelings guide your will or your ability to step out. So, proclaim your intent - muck up your courage - and turn your terror into triumph!
7. LIVE FOR YOURSELF!
Does a stream set out to nurture the environment through which it flows? No. It sets out to fulfill its purpose - to flow toward a larger body of water. The good it does is a by-product. You are the same. You can only influence those around you in a positive way by being true to yourself and moving toward greater spiritual evolvement.
©2003 Dannye Williamsen
7 Sure-Fire Ways To Lose Everything!
This was the other half of yesterday's post on 7 Ways To Fire Up Your Life. To those of you who match the score at the end, the conclusion may sound a bit negative, but it is true.
Do you have trouble achieving your goals? Do you feel like you have to stay on red alert just to maintain what you have? Then you need to take this quiz...
1. YES or NO - When your dream starts to spit and sputter like a choked up carburetor, do you give up? Do you assume it's a sign? Do you start thinking of reasons why no one else is willing to support your dream?
2. YES or NO - Have you decided that someone else will have to handle the part of the process involved in making your dream come true that requires you to do something you hate? Do you think that your dream will happen regardless of your fear?
3. YES or NO - Do you alter your dream based on what others tell you is "the way it's done?" Do you scale down your goal to escape the possibility of being disappointed? Do you make sure that your goals do not exceed your definition of reachable?
4. YES or NO - Do you feel that the methods you have used in the past when you tried to reach a goal are the best ones? Do you believe that the only problem in the past is that you failed to use the method correctly?
5. YES or NO - If your feelings tell you that something is wrong, do you assume it's fear and try to will yourself to carry on? Do you react to your feelings without questioning their source?
6. YES or NO - Do you always walk carefully toward your goal? That is, do you make sure that you know ALL the possible results before you try any new idea?
7. YES or NO - Do you believe that giving to others is more important than giving to yourself? Do you believe that nurturing your own spirit is selfish? That "me first," no matter what the reasons, is wrong?
SCORE: If you answered YES to all of the above questions or even to 4 of them...CONGRATULATIONS! You are definitely on your way to losing everything you are dreaming about! What manifests will not even come close to your original desire!
Ways To Change
Tip #1: Consider the questions to which you answered "Yes" and see if you can turn your attitudes around.
Tip #2: Put Ways To Fire Up Your Life into action. :-)
©2003 Dannye Williamsen